WONDERLAND - A BROADWAY STYLE PRODUCTION


This last weekend I went to a Broadway style production called WONDERLAND at New Life Church. A overwhelmingly powerful 60 piece orchestra that also included multiple electric guitars, acoustic guitars, bass, drum kit, pianos, synths, harp, etc... Well pretty much every instrument you would see in an orchestra performance and more. There were crazy lights and multimedia stuff going on all over. Loads of snow being dropped on top of people from the ceiling, ice skating on the stage, choreagraphed dancing of multiple styles.
They performed a hip-hop song and pulled a Cadillac Escalade into the sanctuary up to the stage with the youth pastor rapping into the mic while he was standing up through the moon roof. It was sweet! Then he jumped out and a bunch of people crowded the stage dancing and couple of guys were driving these little kiddie car Escalades in circles on the stage as a part of the choreography.
For another song the entire stage was filled with ballroom dancers from college age to elderly. Of course they did a country christmas song choreagraphed with some serious line dancing. Ross Parsley who is the Worship Leader of New Life Church was in a Cowboy hat kicking his heels up and everything. There was a segment where they did an Instrumental song and choreography straight from LORD OF THE DANCE! I couldn't believe what I was seeing! It was hilarious! They also had a swing dance/jazzy type song with swing dancing.
For another song they had Joseph and mary come out from the back of the stage on this remote controlled platform moving forward to the front of the stage. There were people hanging on ropes from the ceiling as Angels with these huge flowing garments. They sang songs from O come all ye faithful to Santa Claus is comming to town. Of course Ted Shared the Gospel message and had everyone pray at the end.
The whole production was a total mix of music, dancing, and comedy! It was great!
The lighting is always unbelievable at New Life Church because they can instantly change the entire atmosphere of the whole room with the lighting. The sunday morning services are wonderful with the advantage of the incredible multimedia lighting systems they have in place.
I've connected with a lot of people and am really enjoying this Christmas season; as I hope all of you wonderful people are enjoying this Christmas season......

3 Comments:
That sounds pretty awsome. So I am assuming that you are not coming home for Christmas. Is there a family that you know that you will be spending Christmas wtih? Have a good Christmas Johan.
Keep rockin It!
CarryOn!
Jeremy
No I won't be comming home for Christmas. I've been hanging out with a very cool family. I've been renting from Dan Carless and hanging out with his family this Christmas season. It's been really cool! Dan and his sister April took me out to eat for my Birthday on Friday (Dec. 16th). On Saturday Dan invited me to go with his family to Wonderland and go out for dinner afterwards. Then I got back home and his twin brothers were staying the night so we hung out, played some yahtzee and watched a movie. It was a lot of fun! Dan has a wonderful family! I've been hanging out with Dan a lot; very cool guy. I think Dan and I may be taking a day trip into the mountains to go snowboarding/skiing sometime; and whoever else decides to come along. I guess the Mill goes on snowboard/ski trips into the mountains pretty much every weekend. By the way, there's a spinning globe above me right now. That's your clue as to where I am right now.
See Yah Jeremy!
I'll be going to a candlit christmas eve service on Saturday at New Life. I guess New Life will be filling the whole church with candles. It's going to a time just to sing carols/worship songs etc..
Christmas Day there's a 10:30 Christmas service, then I'm going to spend the afternoon with the Carless Family some time after church. They really are a wonderful family! Be blessed in everything that you do this Christmas and on into the New Year!
Post a Comment
<< Home